Along with the many episodes of Sex and the City I've been watching while waiting for new job to start. Thank goodness for sitcoms! Else i'd be bored to tears... Well, actually not. I'm pretty hooked on Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince too. Need to finish it before the last instalment of the Potter series launches...
Mr G's back in town!!! And we went out to celebrate his brothers' birthdays today. Twas quite cool cos I got to play with his baby godson, Baby I, who's SUCH a cute darling...
And he's sucha hyper-kid who climbs here, zooms there, falls EVERYWHERE... l'il ball of a human who fancies himself a star and makes his rounds waving to everyone. And he watches Barney and Friends!!
Playing with Baby I is hardwork, and gives a lil preview to what parenthood will be like. And MAN, I don't even wanna go there. Attended a colleague's baby shower last week and here's her typical day of babysitting...
24 hours is split into 6 cycles of 4 hours each, of which the 1st 5-10 minutes is spent preparing the milk, then the actual feeding of the baby lasts about half an hour. After that you gotta rock the baby and rub his tummy so that he digests the milk and this lasts 50 minutes, then you put the baby to rest- 20 mins. SO FINALLY, you only have about 2 hours left to do your own thing before the next cycle begins.
NB: You have to do it deep into the night, in the dawn, or whatever time it is... else people accuse you of infanticide...
Conclusion? Mothers should be paid higher than investment bankers for the kinda work they put in man... IT'S TOUGH WORK!
Post babyplay, went to Kino and HK Cafe for a while with Mr G. Food was to-die-for!
Caught a play, A Brief Affair With Infinity, written and staged by an ex-classmate, JC, at The Artshouse later in the evening. She did a friggin fantastic monologue for 1 friggin fantastic hour... RESPECT! Loved the wordings and nuances of her movements. I haven't heard such beautiful language in a while and they just blew me away... Got me in touch with my inner theatrephile again and t'was awesome to catch up with CS peeps after a year. Somehow, the buzz I feel with CS peeps and theatre is just SO unique and different from banking. Banking's language is so... functional.... so purposeful, so economical, so matter-of-fact and logical. Theatre's language is so emotive, powerful, ALIVE!!
I think that's the main reason Mr G said I sounded perky afterwards. It's because I heard something 'living' and it fed my soul. Soulfood's what I call it. And boy, am I glad I have such UBER-talented friends!
Sunday's churchy-time with my pretty pink bible *pronounced (Bee-Bleh)*. Then Mr G's sis invited me over to lunch on her excellent cooking. L'il Claire had a BAGUS meal... heehee
Joined E at a jazz jamming session and sang 2 highly-embarassing songs. Yours sincerely here tried to sing the Pussycat Dolls version of 'Sway' and well, I think the most recent artiste these people know of is Lionel Richie, so you can imagine the fiasco that ensued. They got lost, I got lost... but only towards the end. Otherwise, it's an awesome rendition and they were fantastic musicians and I had LOADSA fun! *looking forward to next Sunday already*
S and J quarrelled, so mr tan and I went over to do damage control, but ended up have a Singapore-Franco exchange with S's flatmate, Frenchie. We hatched a cool plan to vote Frenchie into Cl*o's 50 El*g*ble Bachelors next year and sign ourselves up for S*U, that match-making institution, just for fun.
So there it is... Another weekend of la turbulent twenties. Before I leave, here's the IT SONG of the moment by Kelis:
Lil Star
There is nothing special about me
I am just a lil star
If it seems like I'm shining
It's probably a reflection of something you already are
I forget about myself sometime
When there's so many other around
When deep inside you feel the darkest
That is where I can always be found
That is where I can always be found
That is where I can always be found
Just keep trying and trying
It's just a matter of timing
Though the grinding is tiring
Don't let 'em stop you from smiling
Just keep trying and trying
Sooner or later you'll find it
It's surprising how inspiring
It is to see you shining
Cause in the dark of the night you're all i can see
And you sure look like a star to me
There is nothing special about me
I am just a lil star
If you try to reach out an touch me
You'll see that I'm not really that far
Oh, I may not be the brightest
Nor am I the last one you'll see
But as long as you notice, that's just fine with me
Everything's just fine with me
Everything's just fine with me
Just keep trying and trying
It's just a matter of timing
Though the grinding is tiring
Don't let 'em stop you from smiling
Just keep trying and trying
Sooner or later you'll find it
It's surprising how inspiring
It is to see you shining
Cause in the dark of the night you're all i can see
And you sure look like a star to me
There is nothing special about me
I am just a lil star
I've been running and jumping, but barely
Getting, getting over the bar
I plan on being much more than I
Am but that's in due time
But until then I'm guilty,
And being humans my crime
Just Being human that is my crime
Being human that is my crime
*chorus*
Adios!

No comments:
Post a Comment